Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

Update by user Oct 25, 2016

well, more bad news.Took the motor apart for a rebuild and found deep scoring on the rod bearings and the rods had been ground off to the point of being so hot during the process that the rods and bolt heads were blue from the heat.

There was .008 thousandths clearance on the bearings. I suspect that all the filings from grinding the case for the stroker crank was not removed causing the bearing damage.

Scrapped this project and bought another motor using the salvageable parts from this one which were few.Did not use the crank,block heads, cam,lifters( which were also worn suspect used) cylinders or pistons so not much left that was any good.

Original review posted by user Nov 28, 2015

I am working on a 2110 gex motor that came to the shop missing and running poorly and backfireing out nbr 3 and 4 carbs with 197 miles since install but was installed in 2005 and not run due to customer health issues.compression was 150 on 2 and 3 but 75 on 4 and 135 on 3.

after teardown found nbr 4 valve pocket had a broken piece where the valve guide was driven into the head. There didn't appear to be any damage to the piston but the head had some dings indicating that piece had gone through an engine the head was on, either this or a previous engine. The 4 cylinder was badly scored which was the probable reason for the low compression and the oil soaked head and piston. The head was ported except for around the valve guides on this 2-4 side but on the 1-3 side the material was removed from around the guides.

no washers under the valve springs to prevent the springs from eroding the head. the springs are single and seem weak but I don't at this time have a way to measure spring pressure.

Being a 10 year old engine I don't expect much from GEX even though the owner bought the three year extended warranty but this is more about the quality of the build than expecting any assistance or compensation.I am planning on replacing the cylinders and heads and piston assemblies without tearing the rest of the motor apart as the oil pressure was good if the customer is willing.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of gex international engine. GEX International needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gex international engine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at GEX International.

Had an Experience with GEX International?

Comments